According to a new report, an estimated 129 billion face masks worldwide are used and disposed every single month during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For those who are able to choose reusable masks, here are reasons why they’re a good sustainable option:
- The masks come in a comfortable material
- The masks can be easily washed and used again
- The masks aren’t disposed of and better for the environment
I chose to buy masks for my kids Layla and Jackson from SchoolMaskPack, which offer a 5 mask solution for each day of the school week. Turns out they’re amazing for the environment too…
- They prevent disposable masks from ending up in landfills. All 5 masks in the mask pack can be washed up to 30 times, which means each set prevents 150 disposable masks from being thrown away.
- They are machine washable. By putting all the masks in the provided mesh laundry bag and tossing them into the washing machine, you can wash all the masks in 1 go - thereby saving water too.
- They can be used for up to 6 months. 30 washes, 30 weeks. A SchoolMaskPack set can be used for half a year.
- They save costs. For less than .20/wear for the kids masks, you don’t have to constantly buy new disposable masks, but just one pack that lasts you half a year or more!
Are you going to go green with us?